Agripath is an independent firm providing agribusiness management services. Agripath’s services include Profit Focus (benchmarking), Farm Focus (business consulting and due diligence to agricultural businesses throughout Australia. The company has built a reputation based on unique databases of regional farm performance in primary industries such as grains, cotton and livestock. These datasets underpin the work that we do with farmers, working with them and the data we assist farms to build the profitability of their businesses. The Agripath team is geographically spread from Victoria to Queensland and currently consists of 7 professionals. Agripath treasures our unique relationship with our clients and our staff that make it possible.
To work as part of the consulting team to service and grow Agripath’s business in key areas – Benchmarking (Profit Focus), Farm Focus, Corporate Services (Due Diligence and Asset Management) in Australia
In the medium term (next 2 years) we would like the analyst to develop the following:
- Build proficiency in Benchmarking data collection, validation and interpretation of data.
- Work with Agripath principal consultants to develop and maintain farm focus (business consulting) relationships.
- Develop analytical skills to develop practical insights from farm performance data.
- Contribute to Agripath processes through development of analytical tools, software and processes
Duties of the Position
Key Result Areas
Task: Benchmarking (Profit Focus)
- Collect farm performance data using Agripath Profit Focus data form.
- Validate data with client and provide analysis of data and its implications for each client’s business using Agripath Profit Focus models and Agripath’s key ratio process.
- Prepare Profit Focus reports.
- Maintain historical database.
Task: Farm Focus
- Work with principal consultants and their farm clients to address key issues in their business such as planning, succession, fiscal management, acquisitions and technical aspects that will improve performance.
- Utilise Agripath budget models, discounted cash flow models and due diligence spreadsheets.
Tasks: Corporate and asset purchases
Work with principal consultants to
- Inspect potential acquisitions.
- Review purchasers’ physical and financial data, validate assumptions against actual data from Agripath datasets and those of other providers if appropriate.
- Utilise Agripath’s expected value process to provide analysis of range of yields and returns that can be expected at different rainfall deciles.
- Provide business planning and technical advice as required
Financial Management Responsibilities
The Analyst will
- Ensure delegated work tasks are accompanied with a time and billing budget
- Maintain billable hours records
- Provide Monthly work billing to the office manager by 7th of each month.
- Communicate with principals about work progression
People Management Responsibilities
- Report to Principal consultant
- Liaise with General Manager in regards to any Human Resource issues (working conditions) or issues of company importance.
Opportunities for Personal Development
- Exposure to a broad range of agricultural businesses, dealing with high quality and high net worth farmers.
- Opportunities to complete short term projects, corporate due diligence work and training activities.
- Opportunities to develop skills in specialist areas and areas of interest.
- Career progression based on performance and capability.
Minimum Educational/Professional Qualification Requirements
- A Tertiary degree in Agriculture.
Key Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated practical understanding of Agriculture.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – capability in charting, pivot tables and utilisation of formulae. Visual basic skills desirable but not necessary
- Computer skills – Competent using Microsoft Windows compatible programs, the Internet and ability to learn specialist software applications for precision ag and database recording.
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written.
- Financial skills at the gross margin level.
- People skills – Team environment and knowing how to treat colleagues and clients in a professionally and friendly manner.
- Observation skills in and out of the paddock.
- Ability to assess outcomes objectively.
- Time management skills – planning and delegating.
- Genuinely interested in broad-acre farming, the people and dry land and irrigation industries.
Email application, referres and resume [email protected]
Further information can be found at www.agripath.com.au