Agripath is an independent firm providing agribusiness management services. Agripath’s services include Profit Focus (benchmarking), Farm Focus (business consulting), strategic agronomy and due diligence to agricultural businesses throughout Australia. The company has built a reputation based on unique databases of regional farm performance in primary industries such as grains, cotton and livestock. These datasets underpin the work that we do with farmers, working with them and the data we assist farms to build the profitability of their businesses. The Agripath team is geographically spread from Victoria to Queensland and consists of 7 professionals. Agripath treasures our unique relationship with our clients and our staff that make it possible.
To grow Agripath’s business in key areas – Profit Focus, Farm Focus, Corporate Services (Due Diligence and Asset Management) in NW NSW.
Duties of the Position
Key Result Areas
- Deliver Profit Focus, Farm Focus and corporate services to clients in NW NSW, New England and CW NSW
- Work as part of a team to build Agripath’s profile and position in Australian Agriculture
- Provide technical and financial analysis of farm performance to clients.
Task: Profit Focus
- Collect farm performance data using Agripath Profit Focus data form.
- Validate data with client and provide analysis of data and its implications for each client’s business using Agripath Profit Focus models and Agripath’ s key ratio process.
- Prepare benchmarking reports.
- Conduct group meetings to discuss major findings.
- Maintain historical database.
Task: Farm Focus
- Work with farmer clients to address key issues in their business such as production performance, planning, succession, financial management, acquisitions and technical aspects that will improve performance.
- Utilise Agripath budget models, discounted cash flow models and due diligence spreadsheets.
- Inspect potential acquisition properties.
- Review purchasers physical and financial data validate assumptions against actual data from Agripath datasets and those of other providers if appropriate.
- Utilise Agripath’s expected value process to provide analysis of range of yields and returns that can be expected at different rainfall deciles.
- Provide business planning and technical advice as required.
- Contribute to the continued growth of the firm’s fee base. Take an active roll in selling Agripath services and converting prospective clients.
- Provide input into the ongoing development of Agripath models, IP and service offering.
Financial Management Responsibilities
The Farm Business Consultant has a net fees target based on our joint vision of building the Northern NSW fee base to a level capable of supporting 4 full time professionals in three years and will contribute in a significant way to the meeting of the company’s profitability target. It is their responsibility to forecast client numbers and review service pricing to ensure the budget requirements are met and the service supplied to the client is appropriately resourced.
The Farm business consultant has the responsibility to provide Monthly work billing to the office manager by 7th of each month.
People Management Responsibilities
- Supervision and mentoring of junior employees.
- Provide sound technical advice to clients.
- Liaise with General Manager in regards to any Human Resource issues (working conditions) or issues of company importance.
Opportunities for Personal Development
- Exposure to a broad range of agricultural businesses, dealing with high quality and high net worth farmers.
- Development of strong client/advisor relationships and networks
- Opportunities to complete short term projects, corporate due diligence work and training activities.
- Opportunities to develop skills in specialist areas and areas of interest.
Minimum Educational/Professional Qualification Requirements
- A Tertiary degree in Agricultural science or equivalent discipline.
Key Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with broad-acre farming, the people and the industries involved.
- A can-do attitude to problem solving and flexibility around working hours and travel.
- Agronomic skills – Exposure to irrigated cotton and winter dry-land/irrigated farming.
- Livestock production skills – Sound knowledge of livestock production systems and pastures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – capability in charting, pivot tables and utilisation of formulae. Visual basic skills desirable but not necessary
- Computer skills – Competent using Microsoft Windows compatible programs, the Internet and ability to learn specialist software applications for precision ag and database recording.
- Ability to sell services in Agriculture
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written.
- Financial skills, balance sheet and P & L analysis.
- People skills – Ability to enhance the team environment and service offering by treating colleagues and clients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Observation skills in and out of the paddock.
- Ability to assess outcomes objectively.
- Time management skills – demonstrated skills in prioritising and organising tasks, planning and delegating.
- A willingness to travel and overnight in regional Australia.
Email application and CV to [email protected]
Further information can be found at www.agripath.com.au
Please call if you have any questions - Simon Fritsch 0428 638 501